Hello !

Thank you very much for your reply.

I wanted to use active directory because when my colleagues log on to a
computer they use a username, for e-mail another username, for web tools
another one and so on... It's a lot of different usernames and to make easier
the log in pidgin I wanted to use AD database.

We are trying to simplify authentification through all of our tools and we want
to use  our AD database to standardize and synchronise usernames/passwords for
all our tools. So when a new colleague is employed the aim is that : I just
create a new user on AD and he can access to all tools. If the user change his
windows password, it change on all tools too , if they login to another
computer, they don't need to think about their username for other tools and I
wanted that pidgin follow the users whatever computer is used.

Another thing is I wanted to use AD because I thought that users can make
chatrooms.

Last thing: I don't want that pidgin goes outside of our network as we use
confidential datas.

Right now we use "boujour" protocol to transfer files and chat quickly but
chatroom is not possible and authentification which follow AD user is not
possible too

Thank you very much for your support.

Julien