El día Wednesday, April 17, 2013 a las 11:39:17PM -0700, Mark Doliner escribió:

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:32 AM, Richard Allen <r...@ra.is> wrote:
> > I'm using pidgin on Fedora 18 (This was also an issue in 17).    My work
> > requires me to fire up multiple VPN profiles each day.  Normally this is
> > fine.  However when disengaging the VPN pidgin tends to lock up.  This
> > happens both with Cisco compatible (vpnc) profiles and also Anyconnect
> > profiles.    I use network manager for all VPN needs.
> >
> > When pidgin is frozen, there is no indication in the GUI (i.e. I dont
> > notice anything) and pidgin is unkillable.   I have to use kill -9 to stop
> > it.
> >
> > Is this a known issue or are there any workarounds?

IMHO this sounds like established TCP connections are terminated by the
VPN down/change and some layer in pidgin is waiting (for ever) for a
response. One could watch with TCPDUMP if this is true.

        matthias
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: g...@unixarea.de     |  - Never being an iSlave
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments, no HTML/RTF in
E-mail
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards