On 04/09/2007, at 6:02 PM, Marat Radchenko wrote:

Hi everyone!

I've got two questions about surefire 2.4 release.

First, could you tell me expected date/week/month/year when it will be released?

2007

Second, what are the reasons that surefire development process is so
slow? Maybe you do not have enough developers? If so then I could join
you in order to speed it up.

Welcome!

We currently have a small number of issues to get done for 2.3.1 (see JIRA). This is intended to be the stable release for some time.

2.4 will focus on getting high test coverage across surefire itself and stabilising TestNG + JUnit 4 support.

I'm asking because my team (any many other teams I suppose) want to
use Maven with testng and currently surefire has lots of troubles with
it.

Cheers,
Brett

--