On 04/09/2007, at 6:32 PM, Marat Radchenko wrote:

Hi, Brett.

2007
That sounds promising :)

Welcome!
Does this mean you'd like me to join? If yes then could you explain
the process of working on surefire (maybe this should be moved to
surefire-dev)?

Just the normal contribution process - if you find an issue you can take care of drop a comment to say you are working on it, ask questions if you are unsure, and submit patches. If you submit enough patches to show you know what you are doing on your own, someone will give you commit access.

We can certainly continue any discussion on surefire-dev.

We currently have a small number of issues to get done for 2.3.1 (see
JIRA). This is intended to be the stable release for some time.
I've seen issues fo 2.3.1 however it doesn't cover many people needs.

Yep, it's just the current "plan", but if you prefer to work on 2.4 things specifically that's fine of course.

2.4 will focus on getting high test coverage across surefire itself
and stabilising TestNG + JUnit 4 support.
That's what I am interested in

Great - there's a bit of back story - we have 2 branches at present. http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Surefire+TestNG+refactoring

Good luck :)

Cheers,