*Duration: 1 year

Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary function of a successful candidate in this role is to build and
use EMC's automation tools and infrastructure. The goal is to create and
maintain an automation framework that will test a variety of things within
the product, such as regression, scalability, stability, performance, code
coverage. The applicant will have the opportunity to design and develop our
main product to ensure that it will scale to EMC standards and remain
testable.

Another function of this role is to maintain and improve our automated
regression
testing infrastructure. The goal is to write and maintain automated
regression testing scripts, various automation tools and contribute to tasks
which increase group’s productivity using solid programming skills. This
activity involves interacting with, configuring, debugging, evaluating and
improving the performance of hosts, switches (Fibrechannel, Ethernet), storage
devices.

The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on various
features of our embedded storage device and interact with a variety of its
components. The individual will also get opportunity to deal with code in
various programming languages – Python, C/C++, Java. In the effort to make
components more testable, there will be opportunity to suggest and/or make
appropriate modifications in our core code. The candidate will get hands on
experience with Scrum methodology.

Location: Hopkinton ,MA

Knowledge and Skills: (education and experience)

Required:
Experience developing software on Unix, Linux, Windows
Experience with object-oriented design and programming
Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
Experience in network and multithreaded system level programming

Nice-to-have:
Knowledge/experience with storage and/or I/O sub-systems
Knowledge of C/C++, python, shell scripting
Experience embedded systems
Familiarity with parallel computing, distributed operating systems
Familiar with development test tools, diagnostic strategies
Experience with TCP/IP protocol and networking infrastructure
Understanding of industry best practices for source control, unit
testing, continuous
integration and code reviews
Familiarity with Scrum methodolog*
*