I've been playing with Svein's player.  It looks and sounds good.

One claim he's making is that his parametric decoding method allows a
first-order soundfield microphone (like our TetraMic) to provide direction
cues that are equal to or better that what's available from a third-order
soundfield microphone.  Also, presumably the "sweet spot" is comparable
in size to the one we'd expect from a third-order microphone.

If you've been using the HARPEX-B player or plug-in, do you think the claims are reasonable?

Len Moskowitz (mosko...@core-sound.com)