> I understand that, which is why I made the snide remark about ticket
> sales. To place an microphone at audience level, one would have to empty
> enough seats around the mic position to make neighbors a non-issue. But
> revenues trump everything.
> Similarly, they could do a recording while doing final rehearsal, since
> there's no guarantee what ends up being the better performance anyway (and
> generally I could deal just fine without the disturbing applause in my
> living room, random coughing, and other stuff that comes with live events
> (like air conditioners kicking in because the collective body heat raised
> the temperatures too high, etc.)

Oh, but the labour of transporting >100 manequins in fur coats
into the concert hall to get the acoustics right.
Much better to hope the concert attracts the correct socio-
economic class ( ... mink ... ) ... and the hall is cold enough
that they keep them on.
Mind you with anti-fur campaigns spreading to continental
Europe we all may be finished soon ;-))>

Michael