Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <na...@ccrma.stanford.edu> a écrit :

> Yum has gotten much faster recently, but I have no idea how it
> compares with apt today. IMHO it is as easy to use as apt (ie: it is
> functionally equivalent), but it may be slow (perhaps to the point of
> being unusable?) on low end systems. I should give it a try in the
> beagle board systems we use @ ccrma.

Fedora is the default distribution for the Raspberry Pi, so there's
probably good reasons to use it on such a slow computer. When I tried
YUM on the XO, the unusable part of the process was reading and
refreshing the packages database. But installing packages seems to be
as randomly slow with YUM or APT. A linuxer demoed it twice, for fun:
APT wins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ejfNfEZDvs
YUM wins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uRwFIb-g5w

Single board computers are interesting platforms to create dedicated
ambisonic players. Let us know how the beagle board perform with a port
of Planet CCRMA. ;-)

Marc