Hi everyone

I have been gathering lots of ambient field recordings in A-Format for a few
years using my SPS200 Soundfiled mike and a 788T.  I have experimented with
playback over an 8 channel circle, and also with 3 circles of 8 at different
heights (roof, 3M, 1M), and some other arrangements.  I am currently working on
2 dance works where I want to use some of this material and also spatialise
other synthesized material.  I have 8 Meyer UPJ-1 to use in the space and may
be able to get 2 more for height (not certain adn these may not be available at
all venues).

I would like to achieve better localization than I have found easy to do using
lower order playback and wonder if it is possible to undertake higher order
playback with only 8 speakers?  ALso would it make sense to have the speakers
in the circle at different heights - would that allow a hint of the height
information (I would tell the plugin where they are), or just distort the
render?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Cheers,
Garth Paine