I successfully used b-format impulse responses from York Uni's OpenAir library in my 12 speaker cube array at the end of June. This was for an assessment for my MA in Creative Music Practice at University of Wales Newport. The IR from York Minster was spectacular and gave a solidly 3D impression even in 1st order.

For information - I was using it in a Max patch going through 2 instances of the Reverberate VST from LiquidSonics. Each was set to dual parallel (i.e. two independent convolution engines) giving me a total of 4 (WXYZ)

The entire reverb was done in the B-format domain and with b-format sends from each input and subsequently mixed back into the B-format mix buss prior to being decoded to the 12 speaker array
Untitled Document ** <mailto:si...@logic-workshop.co.uk>

using first order for reverb is fine as the overall localisation is not critical. In the next incarnation of my system I will have a 3rd order mixer but still using a 1st order send and reverb

Simon