On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 10:23:51AM -0600, Martin Leese wrote:

> In my case, the reason was elegantly
> explained by Douglas Adams:

Nice description, and typical DA, but it doesn't _explain_
anything, nor provide _reasons_ for acting that way.

In my case, the *reason* is that IMHO FB is a big swindle,
and not stimulating anything positive, au contraire.

Who pays for FB ? The advertisers. Who pays the advertisers ?
The consumers who buy the product or services advertised.

So in the end we, the consumers, are paying ourselves for
being profiled, analysed and swindled by targeted commercial
'information'.

Would we be worse off if Zuckerberg had just stolen 10 cents
from each and every bank account instead of starting FB ?
I don't think so.

Ciao.

--
FA