someone was telling me 3d wfs is theoretically possible but would be
computationally very very expensive. The only issue I would have with
combining WFS synthesis and say ambisonics or vbap for height is that I
dont have time or knowledge to write such a program (unless somebody
invented a wavefield synthesis external for max msp - then I could) - for
sound design its nice to have a dot (sound source) you can move around -
this would have to scroll between the two panning techniques (wfs for
azimuth and ambisoncs/vbap for height) - this is what Matts basically done
- the results of his listening tests are not bad either - though he admits
the weakness is the height info....

--
07580951119

augustine.leudar.com