Hello,

I am installing in an international pedagogical center in Reggio Emilia an
Ambisonic system, to reproduce virtual soundscapes created and controlled
via an iPAD interface.
I have 10 available channels (8 + 2 monitor channels--Roland UA101). In
order to increase horizontal resolution, I will go for a hybrid system:
- 6 channels hexagonal layout (2nd order)
- 2 channels (one above the azimuthal plan - zenith, and one below -
nadir). (1st order vertical)
- 2 channels for subwoofers.

I will cascade Spat 2D decoders..

Concerning subwoofers, I think I will low pass and mix the left side of
the architecture  on the left sub, and the right side on the right sub.
I am thinking about the best positioning for the subwoofers...
- below the listeners...
- on the perimeter (left and right)..creating a bad hole in the middle..

..or maybe I should mix the front and back part of the architecture and
put subs in front and behind..

As often happens, resources are limited and (hard) choices have to be
made...I would like them to be the best I can do with what I have...

What do you think?
Thanks in advance for your advices!

- -
Simone Fontana