Hello all,
I want to start making a standalone 8 channel player (maybe more)  -
something that can be used in museums, festivals etc for sound
installations that can just be turned on and will instantly start looping a
multichannel composition on an sd card. At the moment I am using rather
unwieldly setups of small computers and multi channel soundcards such as
RME and motu. Cables can easily be jogged loose and it would be nice to
have something more robust and that staff can easily just turn on and off.
So I have looked into the arduino (only 12 bit audio) and the raspberry pi
but neither seem suitable . Systems already avaailable are ludicrously
expensive (1000s of euros) Has anyone got any ideas on the best way to go
about this - is there something maybe Im missing with the raspberry pi/
arduino that could be customised ? Perhaps a custom made circuit board ?
Ideas ?
best,
Gus