Dear All,

I am currently working on a 24-loudspeaker installation in an old observatory of Vilnius University.
Maybe someone has suggestions on how to distribute those 24 loudspeakers.

To get an image of the place, have a look at the photos [1]

The radius of the dome is 2.3m.
The dome is sitting on an octagonal base with circumradius 3.8m and 2m height.

The installation is intended to be used for experimentation and small concerts of electroacoustic music, preferably with Ambisonics.

There is a very nice high chair which allows one person to sit more or less in the center of the imaginary sphere.
Therefore this seat allows loudspeaker placement in the lower hemisphere.

But the installation should also work for people sitting or standing on the floor.

I was thinking about having one north pole speaker, one ring in the dome itself, one ring below the dome (bellow equator) and one ring on the floor.

Does somebody have any suggestions for such an installation? Also concerning Ambisonics-decoder friendly distribution? (i know, this is a topic that can fill libraries...)

Any comments and tips are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matthias

[1]
http://www.matthiaskronlachner.com/observatory/dome.JPG