I encountered this a while back and modified my copy of Ambdec 0.5.1 to
register its inputs with jack in FuMa order rather than ACN, specifically
to get the mplayer-jack-ambdec chain to work as expected (which I suspect
is one of the more common use cases).  Ambdec's functioning is completely
unaffected by this, unless of course, you're depending on seeing Ambdec's
inputs in ACN order in jack.  Here's patch file against the current sources:

  http://www.ai.sri.com/ajh/ambisonics/ambdec-jack-fuma-order.patch

Aaron