On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 11:38:09AM -0800, Aaron Heller wrote:

> I encountered this a while back and modified my copy of Ambdec 0.5.1 to
> register its inputs with jack in FuMa order rather than ACN, specifically
> to get the mplayer-jack-ambdec chain to work as expected (which I suspect
> is one of the more common use cases).  Ambdec's functioning is completely
> unaffected by this, unless of course, you're depending on seeing Ambdec's
> inputs in ACN order in jack.  Here's patch file against the current sources:
>
>   http://www.ai.sri.com/ajh/ambisonics/ambdec-jack-fuma-order.patch

While I understand the motivation for doing this, it's futile.

Jack does not have any notion of the 'order' of an application's
ports. If a Jack API call happens to list the them in the order
they were created you are just being lucky.

The only valid way (ATM) to determine any order is to interpret
the port names.

Patches to Jack have been submitted (not by me, but I'd have
supported them) years ago to solve this problem, but they were
rejected with the usual promise of a 'better' solution which so
far has not materialised.

Ciao,

--
FA