Stefan Schreiber wrote:

... I also wanted to provide some < reasons > why I propose certain features/elements, and some real discussion base. 5.1 won't go away, but the proposal (sound field format/SFF) is clearly both more powerful and flexible. It is also more complicated, we have to admit. (It is an open standard, in this sense different than Mpeg-H 3DA. Without being able to give any proof because you can't prepare unfinished states, I believe that SFF could/will be a lot simpler than Mpeg-H 3DA.)

"Prepare" has to be replaced with "compare", of course.

Best,

Stefan

P.S.: But I will prepare the "unfinished state theory" of audio surround signals and standard proposals for a later article, or maybe a book... O:-)