Now that's annoying - I'm actually in London the Tuesday before that AND
the Tuesday the week after, but not that Tuesday. Arghh.....

      Dave

On 30 December 2014 at 23:08, John Leonard <j...@johnleonard.co.uk> wrote:

> This looks interesting:
>
> Upcoming Lectures
>
> London: Tuesday 13th January
>
> Perceptual Sound Field Reconstruction and Coherent Synthesis
>
> Zoran Cvetkovic, Professor of Signal Processing at King’s College London
>
> Imagine a group of fans cheering their team at the Olympics from a local
> pub, who want to feel transposed to the arena by experiencing a faithful
> and convincing auditory perspective of the scene they see on the screen.
> They hear the punch of the player kicking the ball and are immersed in the
> atmosphere as if they are watching from the sideline. Alternatively,
> imagine a small group of classical music aficionados following a broadcast
> from the Royal Opera at home, who want to have the experience of listening
> to it from best seats at the opera house. Imagine having finally a surround
> sound system with room simulators that actually sound like the spaces they
> are supposed to synthesise, or watching a 3D nature film in a home theatre
> where the sound closely follows the movements one sees on the screen.
> Imagine also a video game capable of providing a convincing dynamic
> auditory perspective that tracks a moving game player and responds to his
> actions, with virtual objects moving and acoustic environments changing.
> Finally, place all this in the context of visual technology that is moving
> firmly in the direction of ”3D” capture and rendering, where enhanced
> spatial accuracy and detail are key features. In this talk we will present
> a technology that enables all these spatial sound applications using
> low-count multichannel systems.
> This month's lecture is being held at King’s College London, Nash Lecture
> Theatre, K2.31, Strand, London, WC2R 2LS. 6:30pm for 7:00pm start.
>
> I'll be there if I can.
>
> John
>

> Please note new email address & direct line phone number
> email: j...@johnleonard.uk
> phone +44 (0)20 3286 5942

As of 1st October 2012, I have retired from the University.

These are my own views and may or may not be shared by the University

Dave Malham
Honorary Fellow, Department of Music
The University of York
York YO10 5DD
UK

'Ambisonics - Component Imaging for Audio'