--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: [Sursound] ambisonic.xyz
From: "Marc Lavall&eacute;e" <m...@hacklava.net>
Date: 5/25/15 12:37 pm
To: "Surround Sound discussion group" <sursound@music.vt.edu>

On Mon, 25 May 2015 13:40:23 +0000 (UTC), Martin Richards wrote:
 > Hi Marc,Thanks for your reply. I suppose I misunderstand what this is
 > all about. I'm looking for a way of converting B format to binaural
 > either via the web or a program and since so far as I know Harpex is
 > the only suitable program but for my limited use I'm reluctant to
 > buy...Are you making a tool available to convert B to binaural as
 > shown in your demo?Thanks,Martin

 Hi Martin.

 Now I understand.

 What I did is a player, but what you need is a converter. The
 principles are the same, except the first is realtime (for listening
 and interacting) while the second could be much faster but would have
 to be streamed to a file.

 The Web Audio API does support offline audio rendering that could
 potentially be faster than realtime :
 http://webaudio.github.io/web-audio-api/#the-offlineaudiocontext-interface

 But I don't know if the result could be streamed to a file.
 To be verified. Thanks for the idea.
 --
 Marc