From: Sursound [mailto:sursound-boun...@music.vt.edu] On Behalf Of David
McGriffy
Sent: samedi 16 janvier 2016 00:14
To: Surround Sound discussion group <sursound@music.vt.edu>
Subject: Re: [Sursound] YouTube adds ambisonics support

Google's spatial audio is in the latest version of their Unity plugins,
available now.  I haven't found any doc on how to make a youtube 360 video
with spatial audio, but that might be there too.

I have plugged their audio widgets into my Unity demo in place of my own
audio widgets and after a couple of tweaks it all seems to work. I don't see
a way to play a B-format file directly.  Also, it looks like this is
targeted only at headphones.   I have always thought that one of the
beauties of using ambisonic processing is that one can switch from
headphones to speakers.

My audio sources can be direct binaural, ambisonic to binaural, or pure
ambisonic just by flicking a couple of switches. Also, even when in direct
binaural mode, I built my spatializer to fade from binaural to ambisonic as
you get more distant since once you are awash in reverb the CPU cost of the
direct binaural isn't worth it.  You can still do binaural for the whole
ambisonic bus and reverb returns. I haven't figured out how to get 5.1 out
of Unity, but I think it's possible.

Also, as someone mentioned back there, having non-rotated streams can be
useful.  Not only do I have a B-format clip player, but you can switch it to
a second ambisonic bus that is not rotated for things like background music
that shouldn't track with head movements.  If I remember right, MPEG-H
supports two ambisonic streams for just such reasons.

David McGriffy
VVAudio