David Pickett <dmp@...> writes:

> At 17:29 20-04-16, Albert Leusink wrote:
>
>  >YouTube is now supporting ACN/SN3D FOA attached to a .mov video container as
>  >uncompressed PCM audio.
>
> I am sure I should know, but if this is a multitrack thing, what do
> the channels each contain?  B format or what?
>
> David

Hi David,

We recorded this the regular way, multitrack using mono and stereo channels
and then we panned these channels into the 3rd order Ambisonic soundfield
using VST plugins (BlueRippleSound in my case), then you output the
16channel 3rd order FuMa mixdown file, convert it to ACN/SN3D (with another
Blue Ripple plugin), disregard the last 12 channels (which we'll keep for
when MPEG-H ever rolls around) and those first 4 channels are your B-format,
ACN/SN3D compatible.