Stefan Schreiber wrote:

Exactly. An SF mike records over the complete musical spectrum. The Eigenmike tries to (via signal processing/HF correction) but doesn't do yet?

Just to be a bit more clear:

An Eigenmike has some aliasing limit frequency, if I remember well at about 7.5 kHz. (I also remember that they do "s.th." above to extend HF range.)

If you use an Eigenmike as a main microphone and combine this with some spot microphones, the HF problems might become manageable.

You have very few tonemasters (actively) on this list, so this is not what people here or "we" would do/aim for.

A SF mike has some aliasing problems at high frequencies (probably above about the same range), too - but these should be more benign.

Any corrections of my crude views are highly welcome...    O:-)

Best,

Stefan

P.S.: It is very hard to obtain or "google" the price of an eigenmike. The eigenmike could be a nice tool for VR/AR recordings, so probably they could start to become a bit more transparent on this.
(Nokia also doesn't "hide" its VR camera prices...)