Another reasonably priced possibility is to set up an Ethernet AVB network. For
48 speakers one could use 6 x N-DAC8s ($299 each) from miniDSP together with
two MOTU AVB switches. miniDSP have also recently come out with a PoE Ethernet
AVB capable speaker. This allows for incremental expansion of the immersive
sound system.

--
Professor Richard Foss
Computer Science Department