I've used the VVTetraVST plugin too, with FuMa->Ambix conversion,
using the actual calibration files for the mic. The Ambeo seems to
give slightly better results, but I'm willing to have more goes with
VVTetraVST is you think it's significant.

The way I have the routing in Reaper is that the track with the
4-channel content send to parent channels 1-4 (but I've tried 1-16
too, just for luck, not that it should make any difference), to the
master which is 16-channels in, 21 out. I'm using a MadiFace
interface, and each output in Reaper is definitely going to the right
channel and the right speaker. (I've tested this by having a mono
source and routing it individually to each speaker.)

The speakers are all powered Genelecs. I've calibrated them such that
the same signal routed to any of them comes to within 1dB SPL of each
other at the centre of the hemisphere. The speakers are in phase by
virtue of being connected by way of a Studer Desk which takes MADI
input and outputs on 32 XLR outs.

I'm not entirely sure I follow the speaker coordinates question. The
way I've done it is by putting radius, azimuth and elevation for each
in a CSV file to ADT, which then calculates the right encoding
configuration for that particular array. I trust that ADT and ambix
decoder are doing the right things, e.g. that "speaker 1 is at radius
4.5m and, 0 degrees azimuth and -22.5 degrees elevation" is actually
receiving the right mix of signals.

But this is useful, thank you. I wouldn't be surprised to find that
I've overlooked something, so any more things to check are welcome!

- martin