--------- Original Message --------- Subject: [Sursound] VB Audio software
From: "Eero Aro" <eero....@dlc.fi>
Date: 11/13/17 5:09 am
To: sursound@music.vt.edu

Hi All

 I happened to find a couple of interesting donationware programs.

 VBAN can send up to 8 channel audio between devices in a network,
 or at least that's what they say. I haven't tried this one yet. Could
 work for
 a multiroom surround sound system.

 https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/vban.htm

 However, I did install the Virtual Audio Cable. It allows connecting two
 computer
 applications together.

 https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

 I used Reaper as a transmitting program and AudioMulch as the receiving
 part.
 Ta - dah! Now I can do waveform editing and mixing in Reaper and play the
 audio in real time to AudioMulch for multichannel panning, processing
 and decoding.

 The first Virtual Audio Cable can be downloaded and used without making
 necessarily a donation. The next pairs of channels need to be paid for.
 (Of course
 it it decent to pay also for the first one.)

 The latency between the channels should be checked, I haven't done that yet.

 The "better" version supports 24bit / 384 kHz audio streams.
 https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm#DownloadASIOBridge

 VB-Audio has also other applications. I am not sure of I should consider VB
 applications as serious audio tools or not.

 Eero