David Pickett wrote:

In addition to the Zoom 8-track recorder that is mentioned on your website, I would recommend the similarly priced Roland R-88, which has the significant advantage that the controls are easier to adjust for those of us with large hands!

We haven't had any reports from our customers on the Roland R-88, so we didn't include it. We're in the same situation with SonoSax's eight channel recorder setup.

The Zoom F8 and Sound Devices MixPre-10T offer modern pre-amp design and the ability to gang the eight trims.

We also recommend that levels between channels be matched to within 0.1 dB.

Does the R-88 offer those features? The older R-44 did not.

Len Moskowitz (mosko...@core-sound.com)
Core Sound LLC
www.core-sound.com
Home of TetraMic and OctoMic