On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 4:04 PM Jens Ahrens <jens.ahr...@chalmers.se> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> … and another post from me.
> Here’s a quick 2-min video of what binaural rendering of an Eigenmike
> recording can sound like for those of you who haven’t heard this before:
> https://youtu.be/qcqeygqjxZ4 It’s 4th order rendered directly in the
> spherical harmonic domain (without a virtual discrete loudspeaker array). The
> rendering was done with ReTiSAR
> (https://github.com/AppliedAcousticsChalmers/ReTiSAR), which is generously
> funded by Facebook Reality Labs.

It would be interesting if there were other uploads of this rendered
with different head models (or even just alternative audio only
versions):  This didn't image for me at all except for the part where
the speaker gets close to the right ear, that part imaged well and
caused me to jump in my seat a bit.

IIRC only two of the HRTFs in the listen database images well for me,
and kemar doesn't at all, so I'm not surprised.