That's nice to hear seeing as that is what I am using and they are very
accurate measuring very flat and fast spectral decay at all frequencies
more neutral than the HD650 or HD800. They are certainly my first choice of
headphones for mixing normal audio. However.... I guess the requirements of
binaural may be slightly different to normal stereo mixing and certainly
hifi listening. At least that's what I'm trying to assess at the moment. So
for mixing stereo you might choose Ns10m ((definately not flat) Genelec,
Atc whatever for mixing but for mastering you would choose Bowers and
Wilkins, Dunlavy, larger speakers generally. The applications for mixing
and mastering being slightly different. So I wonder if it's the same for
headphones. A listening test which assessed subject localisation in 3d
space comparing the same audio over various headphones would seem to be the
best way to resolve this. A large enough sample size should override the
differences between individual HRTFs. What you say about diffusivity is
interesting though I don't know how you could test for that.

Artist website: www.augustineleudar.com
Business website: www.magikdoor.net
+44(0)7555784775