 Data: Sun, 23 May 2021 12:43:37 -0400

 De: Marc Lavallée <m...@hacklava.net>

Assunto: Re: [Sursound] Matroska (was: ALAC (was Re: WavPack (was: Re: Ambix files)))

 Para: Surround Sound discussion group <sursound@music.vt.edu>

Le 2021-05-23 à 11 h 57, Stefan Schreiber a écrit :

In this sense independent from the actual source format. (Which does not have to be .caf, as Fons already wrote.)

Fons also wrote about the several advantages of CAF.

- In my estimation you need standardization rather for the distribution/CE/application side than for production.

I'm less concerned by distribution. Not loosing information is more important; standardization can help, but I would not bet too much on it. Being creative with good documentation can be as good as trying to fit everything in elusive standards. Using the good parts of standards is already difficult.

- I don’t think that (currently) any other lossless codec would have a good chance to be adopted in browsers, so there is (“maybe”) a problem with real-world music streaming.

We'll see. The "real world" is controlled by commerce. We can accept, adapt, propose alternatives, or do what we want when we can.

 Marc

----- Fim da mensagem de Marc Lavallée <m...@hacklava.net> -----