Hi Daniel

That’s a great way to save headroom!
You can also use the BlueRipple Panner 32 as well for this..

This isn’t his bottleneck though, as I am running over 100 separate tracks
(100x16= 1600 channels), as each is processed differently.
This is also using an aggregate of non LAN audio interfaces spread across a
48khz AES67 network. On two separate machines….
With all sessions running at 96khz, downsampled on the fly..
My machine is an old 2009 cheese grater upgraded with two 6 core 3.46ghz cpu….
So his should be eating what I do as a snack…

Tom, have you turned plugin delay compensation off for the block decoders?
I found this problematic, and if they are all the same order it's not needed.
I manually enter the values if needed, as I decode my subs at first order,
which saves headroom but also sounds better to me…
It’s a 36 channel array inc the 4 subs

Are you using any other plugs? bypass one by one to see if there’s a spike. I
have compatibility problems with Izotope plugs sometimes.
Sparta and the IEM suite of plugs are fabulous, but they can also create random
problems with the other plugs I use. They aren’t always the most efficient
either

Are you using any IRs? bad ones can sometimes be a problem, and if you are
using many large ones the spikes will add up…

Are u using live input FX? I do but each FX pretty much needs it’s own core,
which means with the block decoders, there isn’t much left.
So it will still state not much of the headroom has been used, and still
crackle and pop...

Can you tell me your buffering settings..

Mine as follows:
Unchecked ‘auto-detect the number of processing threads’
Manually typed in the amount of cores. 12 for me.
Thread priority set to  ‘highest', behaviour ‘automatic’
media buffer 1200 ore buffer 100%
checked ‘Disable media buffing for tracks with open midi editors'
unchecked ‘disable media buffering for tracks that are selected’
Checked ‘Anticipative FX processing’
unchecked ‘allow on tracks with out….’
unchecked’ Allow on tracks with open…'
checked Allow live FX multiprocessing on 12 CPUs

Best

Steve