Hi All,

I'll reiterate Daniel's response. The ATK uses the word "encoding" to
describe transforming from _some encoding format_ to B-format (classic
Gerzon FOA).

To go from a UHJ stereo encoded signal (from a CD, or whatever) to quad the
signal path in the ATK would look like:

[ UHJ stereo source ] --> UHJ encoder --> quad decoder --> [ quad
loudspeaker array ]

My best,

*Dr Joseph Anderson | Research Scientist*

DXARTS, Box 353414

University of Washington

Seattle, WA 98195-3680

http://www.dxarts.washington.edu

to receive email updates about lectures, performances, exhibitions and more.