Hi Alex!

There are plenty of millions Ambisonic A to B-format converters out there.

As you have choosen a Sennheiser Ambeo VR Mic, I would stick with Sennheiser, as it has the best match available. So https://en-us.sennheiser.com/ambeo-abconverter is your A-B converter. It comes as a VST, VST3, AU and AAX plugin for either Mac or Windoze. Unfortunately it is NOT available as Linux.

Once you have your recordings converted to Ambisonic B-format, there are also plenty of millions of plug-ins out there.

My favourite ones are from the IEM of the university of Graz, Austria: https://plugins.iem.at/ And with a slightly other approach, but at least at the same level: https://leomccormack.github.io/sparta-site/
You already mentioned Matthias Kronlachner's plugins. (Great staff, too!)

The questions is not IF you can do it, the questions is: What you wonna do?

As I said, there are plenty of millions of other suites, plugins and stuff.
It's your adventure, it's your creativity and it's your choice.
My best advice is: To do the best, do a test!

... and talking abouth advices: After several tries, I am sticking with Reaper. Reliable, strong, fast and it has ALL the features I need.

Have a great time and a facinating adventure.

Take care and stay healthy!

Cheers
Thorsten