On  Sun, 3 Feb 2002 10:53:14 +0000 Ron Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi Folks, Howard,

> Howard Schwartz wrote:
>> The only thing I miss on my Dos/based 486 is real time audio and radio shows.
>> And if I devoted some effort to buffering and such, I could probably get that
>> going too.

> If you get REAL media going in DOS, you will have a heap of folks asking
> for a copy !

> Including me.

> Current REAL content is not even available to Win3.1 users.    :(

> Same thing for a "Windows Media" player for DOS.

I have a "Media Player" for DOS.  The interface bears a slight
resemblance to the Windows Media Player.  This software came with
my ATI soundcard for DOS.  I have found that this same software
works with some modern sound cards.  It plays MIDIs and WAVs and
some other audio extensions just fine.

Sam Heywood

-- This mail was written by user of The Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/