On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:39:20 +0000
Heimo Claasen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There are indeed problems with LSppp but the author (David Lindauer)
> is actively working on it.

<snip>

In addition to the problems mentioned here by Heimo, it has been
reported on several DOS users' mailing lists that LSPPP does not
work with some real modems where EPPPD does work.  I can verify this
from my own personal experience.  I have two identical US Robotics
14400 Sportster external modems.  LSPPP doesn't work on either of
these, but EPPPD does work with both.  I can get LSPPP to work just
fine on some other real modems, even with some very ancient 2400 bps
modems.  My problem with the US Robotics 14400 Sportster externals
has been reported to the author.  I don't know which other brands and
models of real modems are reported as having problems with LSPPP.  It
would be nice if we had a list of the real modems known to have
problems with LSPPP.

Sam Heywood

-- This mail was written by user of The Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/