There's a thing calles "CompuShow" which I use as a fast picture
browser on a DOS machine (it even and still does Herc/Mono screens).
The viewer is only the smaller part of a larger shareware prog.
(which does print and edits, and is a bit expensive) but it's
freely useable, and it does all sorts of conversions.

It loads pics quite fast so I use it as pug-in with the Lynx too.
Really nice proggy.

I think it' on the SimTel somewhere, maybe as "CShow" or "CS"
(can't remember...)

// Heimo Claasen // <hammer at revobild dot net> // Brussels 2002-02-27
The WebPlace of ReRead - and much to read  ==>  http://www.revobild.net