On 2002-03-15 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Hello group,
   >In US department stores (and many "job lot" stores) there are pocket
   >organizers for sale for $20 or less.  Typical model is a
   >Rolodex/Franklin 512k model that offers many features as well as a
   >phone directory and a jot-down-notes mode.  What interests me about
   >these is a "free PC download" kit offered through the mail after
   >purchase; exactly what I could use - a little device I can use to
   >record addresses, phone numbers, names, diner locations, whatever
   >on the road and, when I return home, a way to dump them into my
   >trusty text-only 386 PC.
   >The main problem is that the included software usually requires W95
   >or newer; DOS ain't supported.  But with the proper serial cable,
   >isn't there a simple way to do a basic "data dump" from one of
   >these little pocket marvels? Has anyone tried this?  It would be
   >good to not reinvent the wheel, so to speak.
   >TIA,  -Pete
   >PS - Or Botton, nice to hear from you again   :-)
   >- - - - -
   >Pete Rickard
   >Product Engineer - Switches
   >Carling Technologies
   >60 Johnson Avenue
   >Plainville CT 06062
   >www.carlingtech.com
   >To unsubscribe from SURVPC send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   >with unsubscribe SURVPC in the body of the message.
   >Also, trim this footer from any quoted replies.
   >More info can be found at;
   >http://www.softcon.com/archives/SURVPC.html
If you have a program like ms-kermit or commo that can capture text going
over the screen to a file, and you know what port that cable is hooked into,
and the capture file is open telling the organizer to dump should be all it
needs once the speeds are matched.

Jude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered