Hi Glenn,

     About "Yahoo Free POP3 to be Discontinued!" of March 22:

GG> ...the lack of advertising dollars...  ...we will no longer be able
GG> to use any email client (ie, Arachne, NetScape, Outlook Express, or
GG> my fav--FoxMail) to get your Yahoo mail!

     As soon as this last fall i was told that Yahoo "have to be allowed
to spam you with advertisements or they shut down your access to email".
I agree that's too bad if someone needs it but there are alternatives...
Around December i found that fidotel.com offers a free ~E-Mail~ account,
this BBS which is run by Shannon Talley allows one to reach the ~SMTP~ &
~POP~ mail servers;  i tested it a few months ago with `{Commo}'...  The
BBS ~E-Mail~ accounts usually have some limitations or people just won't
trust them.  Last month, Howard Schwartz explained that his ~ISP~ "gives
him ~WebMail~, ~POP~, ~SMTP~ and ~IMAP~ server access (the ~SMTP~ server
uses ~POP~-before-~SMTP~ authentication) - you might try california.com!
Other services of which i know for mother uses them are softhome.net and
nettaxi.com:  the last time i visited her, the first worked fine for In-
Bound mail with her `OutLook Express' client and i personnaly received a
post from NetTaxi which informed me that they still offer ~SMTP~ support
as well.  SoftHome did support ~SMTP~ before but i can't tell anymore...
What i can tell about NetTaxi is that they seem to rely on advertising a
bit more than i would think SoftHome can be (i.e. the later is cleaner).
I vaguely remember that a number of us here seemed to be using a similar
free InterNet ressource, i think i noticed it around February when there
were discussions around `PC-Pine' but when i tried to search all i could
find was a post from Howard Eisenberger: he uses gmx.net (~POP~/~IMAP~).

                                             Salutations,  :)

                                             Michel Samson
                                             www3.sympatico.ca/bicephale
                                             a/s Bicephale

... What?  A DOS oriented Mail-List and no DOS .QWK client to match?!...