On Thu, 16 May 2002  Garry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Ad>Constant,

  Ad>There's a clue here.  You indicate that after
  Ad>removing the switch box from the circuit, the
  Ad>printer was able to print a few pages correctly
  Ad>before printing garbage again.

  Ad>Long ago I had a similar problem and it turned
  Ad>out to be the cable.

<big snip>

Dear Garry,
Thanks for the instructions and the informative
explanation. Now a lot of what has happening is much
clearer. For some time I bought a plug with 9 green and
nine red leds which would show malfunctions from/in the
printer cable. I was never able to find out how it worked
and having had no problems up to now I never used it.
Now I have put it in use and see an irregular pattern
emerging. Sometimes it is all green with one missing which
is than red. Sometimes I have two or three red dots. After
I have found out with your instructions what is broken I
may make sense out of those patterns ;-).
My first work will be to try to print your instructions ;-)

--

" Every little BYTE helps "

NTReader v0.36w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.