Lance:

I don't have any problems with the capabilities of DOS. When the user
keeps things in the context and environment that DOS was was
originally designed for = a single user, single session operating
system; not pulling DOS into being a underpowered clone of designed
from the ground up multi-user, multi-tasking operating systems.

I'm mostly commenting on an attitude which I see as a "true beliver"
approach to all problems; DOS uber allis ("above all" is what I'm
refering to). When you escalate the number of tasks - sessions -
transactions - windows - or what ever you want to call it; DOS is
probably being overtaxed and asked to do something it was never
designed to do.

Contrary to what Day Brown preaches, DOS is NOT the ONLY solution for
ALL projects.

I do agree DOS is one of the easiest to set up. My experience is there
are a lot of operating systems you can set up and ignore - some are a
heck of a lot easier than others to get to that stable stage where you
can walk away from them.

By the way how often does your comm machine link up to an offsite
transport system; for example, how often do you dial an ISP and
disconnect per 24 hours?

John O