On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:46:53 -0400
Marten van Kerkwijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> before anything, congratulations and thanks for making this nice
> project!
>
> But this is mostly to confirm that the patch for yaird suggested by
> Jason Lunz works well, though I had to do two fairly obvious
> additional steps:
>
> - install resume to /usr/local/sbin
>
> - add option "resume" to the entry for my swap partition in /etc/fstab
>   (alternatively, one has to name the resume partition explicitly in
>   /etc/yaird/Default.cfg).
>
> I hope this can become part of the Debian package!

I have a debian package ready at

        http://www.famdijkstra.org/~tdykstra/debian/uswsusp

(it will be uploaded soon), unfortunately for you it uses
initramfs-tools to build the initramfs. This is mostly because I use it
myself, but it also seems to become the default for debian. When I'm
back from holidays I'll take a look at yaird and see if I can provide
scripts for that too.

> For the documentation (HOWTO), it might be worth adding a paragraph
> for people who do not use initrd, but rather some version of
> initramfs; without Jason's message, I probably would not have figured
> it out.

grts Tim