On Tuesday 25 July 2006 09:50, Holger Macht wrote:
> On Tue 25. Jul - 07:42:48, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 11:40:40PM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I wrote something about integrating s2disk with powersaved (appended).
> > > Please have a look.  [I've already seen that SUSE 10.1 uses the same
> > > mechanism, so this seems to apply to it either.]
> > >
> > > I'd like to add it to the package as a "miscellaneous" document.
> >
> > It looks good, however i'd like Holger's comment if it is a good idea
> > to replace the do_suspend_to_disk action, since it might do some additional
> > stuff (ignoring button events after resume comes to my mind) or if we should
> > just advise to hack /usr/lib/powersave/do_acpi_sleep, where the stuff is
> > handled now also in a shell script but it might have a special handling
> > around it.
>
> Yes, that's right. Replacing the do_suspend_to_disk action misses out some
> of the built-in functionality:
>   - ignoring button events after resume
>   - reset CPUFreq settings after resume
>   - it confuses our internal event management, which runs asynchronous and
>     thus needs to know how long the system slept

That's the part I didn't know. :-)

> It may work all the time, but still can cause problems.
>
> So the easiest and most clean way to integrate uswsusp is to hack
> /usr/lib/powersave/do_acpi_sleep. I think that should be pretty easy. I
> hope we (seife or myself ;-) can do this the next days so that I can put a
> version update to sourceforge.

OK

Anyway I'd like to put together some documentation for the users of existing
systems, so I'll have a look at that too.

Another point is to put resume into the initrd on SUSE 10.x.  I think it can
be be done by hacking the mkinitrd script.  Or is there any simpler way?

Greetings,
Rafael