Hi,

Could you please avoid posting HTML emails to the list in the future?

On Wednesday 02 August 2006 10:04, Rik Achten wrote:
>  Dear list,
>
>  Dell XPS m1210 notebook, 's2ram -n' output is:
>
>  Machine is unknown.
>  This machine can be identified by:
>  ??? sys_vendor?? = "Dell Inc."
>  ??? sys_product? = "MXC062"
>  ??? sys_version? = ""
>  ??? bios_version = "A01"
>
>  I run opensuse 10.1 with KDE.
>  S2RAM works (nearly) always. The system does not s2ram when it can not stop
>  firefox on some very rare occasion (refreshing pages).

Perhaps firefox sometimes is in the TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE (D) state due to
networking timeouts.

>  It then comes back on OK. On resume USB does not work and KMIX hangs and
>  has to be restarted, after which USB works fine again. I also have to change
>  the affinity of my 'X' tot 1 because of keyboard and mouse issues.
>  Presumably this is a problem with SMP.

I think so.

>  S2DISK does not work (yet), the system does not power down, and a reboot
>  is necessary.

If I understand correctly, it doesn't create the image, does it?

>  My question: I would like to execute a small script to kill KMIX and change
>  the affinity of 'X' before S2RAM, and restart KMIX during or after resume.
>  How can I do that?

You can writte scripts for that and hook them up to some events via
/etc/sysconfig/powersave/events .  For details please refer to the powersaved
documentation (should be installed on your system).

Greetings,
Rafael