Hi all,

My new HP dv8000t will not resume from suspend-to-RAM. It seems to be truly
dead, not just a display issue (though obviously, the display doesn't go on
either). Upon resume(=from RAM), there is no caps lock, and any command
issued blindly does nothing, even after cacheing the command first -- I've
run

# cat `which poweroff` > /dev/null
# echo mem > /sys/power/state ; poweroff -f

but after resume (power light stops blinking, goes on steady) it just hangs.
I've also tried a netconsole, but I don't get anything after the ol'
"stopping tasks: =====|".

I've tried running s2ram with all of the suggested arguments from
init=/bin/bash, with and without noapic, running kernel 2.6.18-rc3, I
believe. This was configured with *minimal* support -- no modules, sound,
usb, IDE, SMP, preempt, cpufreq, mce etc. (I've done similar .config with
other vanilla kernels as well). I tried it with both native SATA (ahci) and
legacy (ata_piix).

I've also tried the latest -git (2.6.18-rc3-git7), 2.6.17.[6,7], 2.6.16,
Ubuntu's stock and newest kernel, Gentoo's newest kernel (both as of about
08/02/06) with a simple "echo mem > /sys/power/state" but *none* work.

So as to avoid flooding the list, as much info as I can supply
(/proc/cpuinfo, lspci, s2ram -i, messages etc.) is at:

http://www.stanford.edu/~bklopfer/wontsuspend/

Needless to say, I'm lost as to what to do next. I'm all ears for
suggestions!

Thanks,
Brannon Klopfer
A lost soul in the realm of power managment