Hi

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 09:50:33 +0200
Pavel Machek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Heh... right solution here would be to make them fix their BIOS.

Hmm, I just tried two latest and it says "stem manufacturer" instead of
"System manufacturer", what a great improvement.

> Or you could submit a patch to add required fields to whitelist.

I'm not sure if it is good idea to add such lines:

{ "System manufacturer", "System Product Name", "System Version", "0406    ",
0},
{ "stem manufacturer", "System Product Name", "System Version", "0901    ", 0},
{ "stem manufacturer", "System Product Name", "System Version", "0902    ", 0},

> ...or we may use this as excuse for using HAL. ...or perhaps some kind
> of procedural whitelist (where .c function is used for identifying
> strange machines) is needed?

Why there is not config file for whitelist (or at least for forcing
parameters)? s2ram can be used with -f but s2both can not, so there
is no way to enable it without recompilation.