Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

>> (gdb) l *count_data_pages+0x38
>> 0xc013fbfc is in count_data_pages (kernel/power/snapshot.c:205).
>> 200
>> 201             for_each_zone (zone) {
>> 202                     if (is_highmem(zone))
>> 203                             continue;
>> 204                     mark_free_pages(zone);
>> 205                     for (zone_pfn = 0; zone_pfn <
>> zone->spanned_pages; ++zone_pfn)
>> 206                             n += saveable(zone, &zone_pfn);
>> 207             }
>> 208             return n;
>> 209     }
>> (gdb)
>
> Thanks.  Unfortunately now it looks even more stranger.  I've no idea of
> what's wrong, sorry.

Looking further at the oops, isn't it crashing at saveable+0x27/0x63 ?

Which appears to be snapshot.c / line 184 - BUG_ON(PageReserved(page) &&
PageNosave(page));

I won't claim to understand the patch, but the comments say "Mark memory
gaps and the reserved regions as nosave", which would imply the above
code could be true?

Regards,
Jon.