Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

>>> Could you please try the appended patch and see if it changes anything?
>>>
>>> Rafael
>>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> I'm afraid that patch gives me a BUG at snapshot.c:184 during suspend.
>
> Ouch, sorry (not that I know why).
>
>> However, with more testing, I've found that my resume problem only
>> occurs with CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G (the default in a Fedora installation).
>
> So I think the patch won't help.
>
>> I've got images of the screen dumps for both (from one of a few times
>> that it didn't reboot during resume), and can post them if they'd be any
>> use? The resume error is "unable to handle kernel paging request", EIP
>> is at copy_loop+0xe/0x15.
>
> Yes, please post one.
>
> Greetings,
> Rafael

Thanks,

Screen dumps can be found at the URL's below -

http://www.dresco.co.uk/debug/resume_from_disk.jpg
http://www.dresco.co.uk/debug/suspend_e820_patch.jpg

Afraid the quality of the resume image isn't that great, but I wasn't
expecting to get any output to capture, and had no way to increase the
screen brightness after the event...

Regards,
Jon.