On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 08:55:24PM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 12:06:58AM -0400, Benjamin A. Okopnik wrote:

> > >     sys_vendor   = "Acer"
> > >     sys_product  = "Aspire 2010"
> > >     sys_version  = "Aspire"
> > >     bios_version = "V1.30"
>
> This is an Intel-based design, so generally it should be supported, but the
> relevant patches may have not reached the mainline yet.
>
> Please try a newer kernel, like 2.6.18 or even a recent -mm.

Got it compiled and running now; no change, I'm afraid.

> BTW, does swsusp work on it?

For a certain value of 'work', I suppose. :\ I've actually managed -
once - to get it to suspend to disk and return to the console; I haven't
been able to repeat the trick since then. I killed the X session I was
in, unloaded all the modules that I could with

for n in `lsmod|awk '/^[^M]/{print $1}'`; do sudo modprobe -r $n; done

and issued an

echo disk|/sys/power/state. When I hit the power button, everything came
back on, and I was able to do 'ls', etc., and even started and ran X.
However, this has not proven repeatable.

* Ben Okopnik * Editor-in-Chief, Linux Gazette * http://LinuxGazette.NET *