On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 03:40:07PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > r!su -c /var/cvs/suspend/s2ram
> > Password:
> > Machine is unknown.
> > This machine can be identified by:
> >     sys_vendor   = "Acer"
> >     sys_product  = "Aspire 2010"
> >     sys_version  = "Aspire"
> >     bios_version = "V1.30"
> > See http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram for details.
> >
> > If you report a problem, please include the complete output above.
>
> so... s2ram -f is enough to make suspend work without any other
> options, and it works both on console and in X? In that case we can
> add it to the whitelist...

Not quite yet, I'm afraid. :\

When I tried to bring the machine out of a 'disk'-level suspend this
morning, it came up - "graphical mode blink", then message console, then
X - and dropped back to the message console. "Alt-Ctrl-F7" didn't do
anything; "Alt-Ctrl-F1" switched the display to VT1, but after that, the
machine locked up so hard that "Alt-Ctrl-Del" didn't affect it, and I
had to power-cycle it.

I've now tested it with very short and fairly long periods between
suspending and resuming, and have so far seen two instances (i.e., one
more after this morning) of this behavior in ~25 cycles.

* Ben Okopnik * Editor-in-Chief, Linux Gazette * http://LinuxGazette.NET *