On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 06:09:33PM +0100, Roberto Oppedisano wrote:
> Hi there!
> As you can see to make s2ram work I only need to use "-sf" arg.

Ok.

> Kind regards
> Roberto
>
> poppero1:~# s2ram -i
> This machine can be identified by:
>    sys_vendor   = "Hewlett-Packard "
>    sys_product  = "Compaq nx7010 (PG589EA#ABZ)     "
>    sys_version  = "F.55"
>    bios_version = "68BAL Ver. F.55"
> See http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram for details.
>
> If you report a problem, please include the complete output above.
> poppero1:~#
>
> poppero1:~# s2ram -sf
> Switching from vt7 to vt1
>
> Calling save_state
> Allocated buffer at 0x2010 (base is 0x0)
> ES: 0x0201 EBX: 0x0000
>
> Calling restore_state_from
> Function not supported
>
> switching back to vt7
> poppero1:~#
> poppero1:~# uname -a
> Linux poppero1 2.6.19-rc6ipw-g2ea58144-dirty #1 PREEMPT Mon Nov 27 11:49:16
> CET 2006 i686
> GNU/Linux

Some questions:
- Did you also try it from the text console?
- did you try out the other combinations of options on
  http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram ?
- do you use a framebuffer driver?
- what graphics card is in your machine?

Thanks for reporting, i'm taking the suspend-devel list into Cc: so that our
findings will end up in a mail archive :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"